The student news site of Governors State University

GSU Phoenix

GSU Phoenix

GSU Phoenix

GSU seeks volunteers for commencement ceremonies

Screenshot

By Chandana Mandadi, Phoenix staff writer

Commencement is a powerful symbol of GSU’s students’ growth and success. The university is dedicated to making the day amazing for our graduates and their families.

On Saturday, May 18, two ceremonies will take place at the Tinley Park Convention Center to celebrate the graduates’ achievements. The first is at 10 a.m. for College of Arts and Science (CAS) and College of Business (COB),; the second is at 4 p.m. for the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) and the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS).

And the university is looking for volunteers to help honor the students’ dedication and mark the beginning of their next journey. In order for things to move as smoothly as possible GSU needs help organizing things, giving pep talks, and whatever else needed to make the graduates’ day even better.

The goal of making everyone feel welcome and comfortable isn’t just about praising the graduates; it also shows what the university stands for. Every little interaction adds up to how well the event goes.

If you would like to contribute to the success of the commencement ceremonies, simply click on the link I WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER to express your interest. For additional details and inquiries, please visit govst.edu/commencement/ or reach out to the University Events Office at [email protected].

Your support and participation are invaluable in ensuring that the graduates and their families have a memorable and enjoyable experience. Thank you for your willingness to be part of this special day.