The student news site of Governors State University

GSU Phoenix

GSU Phoenix

GSU Phoenix

Cricket is coming to GovState

screen shot

By Chandana Mandadi, Phoenix staff writer

Governors State University’s Office of International Services is excited to introduce a thrilling new activity — cricket.

Whether you’re a seasoned player or just curious to try something new, gather on the cricket field on Tuesday, April 30 for some friendly competition and camaraderie.

Cricket is a sport that combines skill, strategy, and teamwork, making it perfect for bringing our diverse community together. Whether you excel at batting or bowling, there’s a place for you in our cricket matches. It’s a great opportunity to showcase your talents, learn from others, and forge new friendships along the way.
Governors State is committed to providing engaging and inclusive activities that celebrate cultural diversity. Cricket is enjoyed by people from all corners of the globe, and we’re thrilled to bring it to our campus. So, dust off your cricket gear, gather your friends, and get ready for an unforgettable experience.
Gather for a fun-filled afternoon of cricket at the GSU Soccer Field outside Prairie Place on Tuesday, April 30th from 1 to 3 p.m. Cricket equipment will be available for all participants, so you can dive into the action without worrying about gear.

Open to the entire GSU community, this event welcomes players of all skill levels. Be sure to arrive by 1 p.m. for team formation.