GSU students, faculty and staff still facing COVID issues for Spring term

Staff Photo

GSU eases some mask rules.

Welcome to a new semester to the entire GSU family. 

It is also a new year, but COVID continues to dominate what we can and cannot do on campus. GSU recently issued a letter to students and staff (also found on our school’s website) outlining required measures, including testing before returning to campus, to prepare everyone for a successful second in-person semester. 

Before returning to campus, GSU is requiring all students, faculty and staff to: 

• Take a COVID-19 test within 72 hours before returning to campus and upload the results to MedProctor.com. 
  • Update Vaccination cards to include booster information and upload the updated information to MedProctor.com. 
  • Stay home if you’re feeling sick and self-monitor using the Screen Tool. 
  • If you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 complete the COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form. 
  • Masks are still mandated on GSU grounds, fully covering the mouth and nose area. 
  • Continue to maintain social distancing 

GSU continues to maintain free on-campus COVID-19 testing sites, making them accessible for those who may be exempt from vaccination. 

Failure to comply with COVID-19 procedures violates the Student Code of Conduct (Policy 4.) The Office of the Dean of Students states: “Governor J.B. Pritzker’s Executive Order requires University students, with limited exceptions, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or participate in weekly testing. Students who qualify for a medical or religious exemption from vaccination must participate in weekly testing. Students who are enrolled in coursework exclusively remotely and do not come to campus for any reason are not required to provide proof of vaccination or participate in weekly testing.” 

Students are required to self-report a diagnosis of COVID-19 by filling out the COVID-19 Reporting Form and reporting to instructors of their absence and filling out the Student Absence Notification to Faculty form. 

With the number of COVID-19 cases soaring in recent weeks, GSU continues to provide sanitation sites, cleanings before and after classes are in session, and HEPA air filters, as well as hand sanitizer and cleaning products available in classrooms. 

Students and staff seeking further information about COVID-19 are advised to visit The Counseling and Wellness Center, where numerous services are offered. For more information about their services, request an appointment here.