GSU Writing Center offers students help with their writing

Ray Harkless

The Writing Center is available to help all GSU students.

Located in the Student Success Commons, B1215, the GSU Writing Center (WC) is an excellent resource for students who need assistance with their writing assignments. As stated in its mission statement, the goal of the WC is to “provide students the resources necessary to become confident, effective writers and self-directed learners.” Through in-person and remote appointments, writing tutors are able to assist students at any phase of the writing process from writing a thesis, overall organization and A.P.A. formatting.

Also available is an email option where students can submit their writing assignments and ask questions via the GSU Regional Online Writing Center. A consultant will respond to the inquiry within 24 hours, seven days a week, making suggested revisions so that the student can continue with their writing process.

Lead by Jarret Neal, MFA, EdD, the Writing Center also offers a Workshop Series. These workshops are offered on campus and virtually, covering topics such as Finding Your Focus, Style and Mechanics, The Research Process and several others. More information on these workshops, how to create an appointment and what to expect, can be found on GSU’s website, under the Academic Services & Resources tab.