Jaguar Pride #3: A week filled with cultural events and a spotlight on Career Services Director Rosa Valdez-Mansilla

This week’s episode of Jaguar Pride is crammed with stories from around campus.

Jazmine Grizby reminds us of the current GSU Covid-19 mandate and mask policies. Nuha Abdessalam and Tiyen Simmons both report on campus cultural events: Abdessalam previews the Wednesday afternoon Dance African event promoting the various cultures of Africa, and Simmons invites everyone to  participate in the Multicultural Fashion Show on April 25. Dante Corona highlights a GSU program for future Jaguars – the GSU Math Endeavors program currently open for 3rd and 4th graders in the area. Host Claude T. Martinez reviews the “12 Angry Jurors” performance at GSU over the weekend. The highlight of the week is John Redfield Jr’s spotlight on GSU Career Services Director Rosa Valdez-Mansilla.

The Advanced Audio Production Students in the Media Studies Program at Governors State University are producing a weekly newscast called “Jaguar Pride.” This weekly newscast will cover the news and many of the events happening at GSU plus stories on the students and faculty.

“Jaguar Pride” is hosted and edited by Claude T. Martinez. The students reporters record their own packages covering their specific assignment. Dante Corona is the campus news reporter. Nuha Abdessalem covers health and wellness on the GSU campus. Tiyen Simmons is assigned to GSU’s arts and entertainment. John Redfield Jr spotlights a specific faculty member or student each week. Jazmine Grisby is the road reporter asking GSU students questions on different topics each week.

Every Tuesday until the end of the Spring 2022 semester there will be a new episode “Jaguar Pride” posted here on the GSU Phoenix website. Listen to “Jaguar Pride” in the player at the top of this story or by clicking this link Jaguar Pride Episode 3